Rules for the Vals Category (amateurs and professional dancers)
- Dancers of any nationality are eligible to participate in this category.
- All participants must confirm their registration at the time of accreditation. In order to check in, contestants must attend on the date and time specified by the ATUSA Organization with a valid identity document. Accreditation can be done by one of the members of the couple bringing both documents.
- Couples will receive the order number and be informed of the approximate dates and times on which they will perform. Those who do not check in will not be able to participate in the championship.
- The organization will provide a complete panel of official judges of at least 4 members.
- The Organization will be entitled to eliminate from the competition those participants that:
a) Do not comply with the rules.
b) Commit any moral offense or improper act that tarnishes the image of the Championship or
may cause displeasure in the public.
- The Vals category of the competition in 2020 will consist of two stages:
A. The Qualifying Round: All registered couples must participate. Couples will dance one qualifying round on Sunday April 12, 2020.
B. The Semifinals and Finals:
- If there are 11 or less registered couples, there will be no elimination and the Champions, 2nd and 3rd places will be announced directly at the Prizes Ceremony on Sunday evening.
- If there are 12 to 22 registered couples, the couples selected at the qualifying round will pass directly to the Finals (which means there will only be an elimination round) the same day. The Champions, 2nd and 3rd places will be announced at the Prizes Ceremony on Sunday evening.