Argentine Tango USA Official Festival & Championship is a unique four-day Official Tango event including both an international TANGO FESTIVAL (with workshops, performances, live music and social dancing), and the only OFFICIAL ARGENTINE TANGO COMPETITION in the USA.
ARGENTINE TANGO USA is a sanctioned OFFICIAL BRANCH in THE UNITED STATES to Tango Buenos Aires Festival and Dance World Cup organized by the Office of Festivals and Central Events of the Ministry of Culture of the Government of the Autonomous City Of Buenos Aires, which is the highest authority regarding the organization, program planning and overall execution of Tango Buenos Aires Dance World Cup (Mundial de Tango)
Registration for ATUSA 2017 will open on October 15 with a SUPER EARLY BIRD of 22%!
Tango Buenos Aires Festival & Dance World Cup
August 18-31, 2016
The competition schedule is as follows:
Salon Tango (Tango de Pista):
- Semifinal: August 27, 2016, at La Usina del Arte.
- Final: August 30, 2016, at Luna Park Stadium.
- Semifinal: August 28, 2016, at La Usina del Arte.
- Final: August 31, 2016, at Luna Park Stadium.
Reasons to participate at ATUSA 2017, the only official tango event in the USA!
- 100% Argentine Tango
- You will be able to take workshops with our Renowned Argentine Maestros with many years of teaching experience and great international reputations who will delight you with their spectacular show performances.
- You will have the opportunity to become a competitor, challenge yourself and perform in open competition in front of a panel of Argentine Tango Judges from Buenos Aires.
- You could become the US Argentine Tango Champion 2017 and win a round trip to Buenos Aires with a free week’s stay to represent the USA at Buenos Aires main competition!
- You will be able to attend and support your favorite American couples at the Official Argentine Tango USA Championships.
- You will experience authentic milongas similar to those in Buenos Aires with great live music, recorded music and masters shows!
- Great live music with Seth Asarnow y su Sexteto Típico.
- Acclaimed DJs playing the best Argentine Tango music.
- You will have the time of your life, meeting new people/ dance partners, making new friends, learning and dancing authentic Tango porteño for four consecutive days.
- You will be dancing every night in a magnificent and impressive 14,000 square foot ballroom.
- Located at the superb San Francisco Airport Marriott Hotel with deluxe accommodations at special discounted rates – you do not need to rent a car.
- You can enjoy the views of the San Francisco Bay, walk next to the waterfront and dine at in-house or nearby restaurants. The hotel also offers free shuttle services to San Francisco International Airport.