- Enrollment dates for the Official Argentine Tango USA Championship, April 2017, will be between October 15, 2016 and March 30, 2017. Discounts for Pre-registration periods apply.
- There are five different competing categories to choose from:”Official “Tango de Pista” and Official Stage Tango (these two categories are for both professional and amateur dancers with citizen/resident restrictions, and are bound by the rules and regulations of Tango Buenos Aires Festival and Dance World Cup); Salon Tango Seniors (for amateur dancers only with age restriction but no citizen restrictions); “Milonga” (for both amateur & professional dancers with no age or citizen restrictions) and the Stage Tango Group Category which will be a Competition/Showcase with evaluation by the Jury (open to amateur dancers directed by a teacher/choreographer).
- Pre-registration is compulsory. You cannot register at door for the competition.
- Participants competing in the official categories should take into account that they must go through accreditation on Thursday April 13 from 2.00 to 5.00pm (Timetables may be subject to change; confirmation will be sent two weeks prior to the event)
- If a contestant withdraws from the competition after the registration fees have been paid, no refund of the registration fees will be granted. NO exceptions.
- Competitors participating in the Salon Tango Senior, Milonga or Stage Tango Group categories may register to/purchase all (or any) of the festival workshops with all festival maestros.
- Competitors participating in the official categories of Tango de Pista and Stage Tango may register to/purchase all (or any) festival workshops with all festival maestros on Saturday and Sunday, but they will not be able to register to the workshops on Friday -except to the class with Tomas and Gimena- due to the fact that some festival maestros will be judging on Thursday and Friday evenings.
- A couple’s registration and subsequent check‐in implies knowledge and acceptance of these General Rules and the Championship Rules (on the Information and Rules link on this website) by each one of the participants. Competitors should read the Evaluation Criteria for each category as it will provide helpful tips to get ready for the competition.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:There is no online payment for the Stage Tango Group Category. Groups should fill in the online form first and then make their payment with check; see below)*
Competition passes prices 2017
|Competing Couple Pass I||$285 till February 24; $315 from Feb 25|
|Competing Couple Pass II||$410 till February 24; $445 from Feb 25|
|Competing Couple Salon Senior Pass||$215 till February 24; $235 from Feb 25|
|Competing Couple “Milonga” Pass||$215 till February 24; $235 from Feb 25|
|Stage Group Competition/Showcase Pass*||Different prices apply (see here)|
*Registration with check for Stage Group Competition/Showcase
Make check to the order of: Argentine Tango USA
Send it to: 530 Showers Dr, Suite 7-178 Mountain View, CA 94040 – 1495
Do not forget to include the registration form when you send your check.
Pre-registration is open: get the Early Bird 15 %OFF now!
First, Competing couples should fill in the online form and then proceed to make their payment with PayPal or with Check:
Pre-registration for competition (click on the symbol)
Unable to make your payment online?
Please contact us here to let us know what the problem was.
Competition Refund Policy
If a contestant withdraws from the competition after the registration fees have been paid, no refund of the registration fees will be granted.
A registration cannot be shared and is not transferable.