Rules for the Salon Tango Senior Category
The Salon Tango Senior is an unofficial category open to amateur dancers who, by the date of the competition, are 60 years old or older.
A Salon Tango Senior competitor may compete with a partner who is younger than 60 years old if the age difference between the competitor and their partner is not more than 8 years at the date of the competition.
- Professional tango dancers cannot compete in this category. No exceptions.
- All participants must confirm their registration at the time of accreditation. The presentation of an identity document is mandatory to obtain accreditation. It will not be necessary that the two members of the couple submit for accreditation; it can be done by one of the members bringing both documents. Accreditations by third parties shall not be made.
- The Salon Tango Senior category of the competition will consist of three stages divided in two days:
A. The Qualifying Round: All registered couples must participate. Couples will dance one qualifying round on Saturday March 31.
B. The Semifinals and Finals:
- If there are 20 or more couples registered at the competition, there will be both a Semifinal and a Final round on Sunday April 1.
- If there are 12 to 19 registered couples at the competition, the couples selected at the qualifying round will pass directly to the Finals (there will be no semifinal round) on Sunday.
- If there are 8 to 11 registered couples at the competition, all couples will be evaluated by the Jury on Saturday and again on Sunday (there will be no elimination on Saturday and the Champions, 2nd and 3rd places will be announced after the Final round on Sunday).
- If there are less than 8 couples registered to compete at this category, all couples will be evaluated by the Jury on Saturday and again on Sunday (there will be no elimination on Saturday), and there will be a unique title and recognition for “Best Salon Tango Senior Couple 2018”.